English: learning, teaching, research
We have a first-rate, international reputation for outstanding teaching and research, as demonstrated by our School's current rankings:
We offer a unique combination of English disciplines, including literature from the Anglo-Saxon and medieval periods to the present day, English language from its origins to contemporary and applied contexts, drama and performance, and creative writing.
Professor Svenja Adolphs
Head of School
- Funded research fellowships at world-leading international research institutions for early career researchers, doctoral-level research assistants and AHRC/ESRC funded doctoral students.
- Abstracts invited for student-led event 'Bridging the gap between psychology and the social sciences'. Deadline 14 December.
- Training for academics to give a taste of how they can use the media to support their research.
- CSVA project nominated for a Knowledge Exchange and Impact Award
> See all news
- A one day symposium promoting dialogue, networking and collaboration across the Arts and Humanities and beyond.
> See all events
Back to top