English: learning, teaching, research
Information For New and Returning Students
We have a first-rate, international reputation for outstanding teaching and research, as demonstrated by our School's current rankings:
We offer a unique combination of English disciplines, including literature from the Anglo-Saxon and medieval periods to the present day, English language from its origins to contemporary and applied contexts, drama and performance, and creative writing.
Professor Svenja Adolphs
Head of School
- Training for academics to give a taste of how they can use the media to support their research.
- CSVA project nominated for a Knowledge Exchange and Impact Award
> See all news
- A half-day seminar on Viking camps across the globe.
- Open day for those interested in applying for ESRC-funded postgraduate study in the Social Sciences.
- 08 - 09/11/2018
- Recent elections and referenda have thrown up some unexpected results - outside candidates have emerged rapidly to take power, and established politicians have suffered an unexpected decline or increase in support. Traditional institutions such as political parties and trade unions have experienced a revival in membership. Received wisdom on public opinion and political behaviour has been disrupted, not least assumptions about the political engagement of millenials. This conference will explore mediated communication of politics in the context of such instability and insurgency.
> See all events
Back to top