Centre for the Environment

Postgraduate Studentships

On this page you will find information about postgraduate funding opportunities to pursue a Masters degree or a PhD. If you already have a PhD and you would like to continue your research you may consider a Fellowship.

Who provides Masters and PhD funding?

Funding for postgraduate students (in the form of studentships, scholarships and bursaries) usually comes from one or more of a range of key sources:

  • Higher Education Institutions
  • Research Councils ( AHRC, BBSRC, EPSRC, ESRC, MRC, NERC)
  • Charities and Trust Funds, including those funded by the UK government
  • Overseas governments (international students only)
  • Employers
  • Career Development Loans
  • Self-funding (including family funds)
  • NERC Studentships at the University of Nottingham - see Envision DTP

For further details on postgraduate opportunities, please contact the most relevant school.


University of Nottingham scholarships

The University of Nottingham offers a comprehensive and expanding range of scholarships in order to encourage academic excellence, aid diversity, develop relationships with sponsors and offer real financial assistance in cases of hardship, whether individually or by region. Funding for postgraduate study can be a complicated business. Visit the Postgraduate Prospectus Funding Guide to find a scholarship for you. 


Centre for the Environment

C/O School of Geography
The University of Nottingham
University Park
Nottingham NG7 2RD

telephone: +44 (0)115 846 7712