NAVKIT is a multimedia HTML-based education toolkit that was initially developed in the framework of ERIG (Education Research and Innovation in the field of GNSS), a project funded by the Galileo Supervisory Authority through the 6th Research Framework Programme (FP6).
NAVKIT acts as a teaching or self-learning tool to the technical/scientific topics of Global Satellite Navigation System (GNSS) technology. It is designed for engineers or technicians not already trained in navigation topics but with a mathematical background and also for University students.
Users can take taught lessons and study the relevant slides, but they can also put into practise the concepts they have learnt by solving the proposed exercises. Different kind of exercises are available and there is also a self-evaluation test, where users can check their preparation by answering a set of multiple choice questions.
NAVKIT v1.2 contains a single unit on “Basics of Global Navigation Satellite Systems”. This unit aims to provide students and users with a basic knowledge about GNSS technology and its applications. The teachers are members of the NavSAS Group: professors of Politecnico di Torino and researchers of Istituto Superiore Mario Boella that are involved in the Master on Navigation and Related Applications.
Download the NAVKIT.
Watch this space for the release of our online seminars.
GENIUS Professional Training programme
The 2013 tutorial program is as follows:
- "Fundamentals of GNSS" on 4-6 March 2013 at GSA, Prague, Czech Republic
- "GNSS Receiver Signal Processing for Current and Future Signals" on 2-4 April 2013 at GSA, Brussels, Belgium
- "GNSS Integrity Monitoring" on 18-20 June 2013 at ENAC, Toulouse, France
- "Vulnerabilities of GNSS" on 8-10 Oct. 2013 at Univ. of Nottingham, UK
- "GNSS Principles & Differential GNSS" on 19-21 Nov. 2013 at UPC, Castelldefels (near Barcelona), Spain
DOWNLOAD the course brochure.
PhD Training Events
Announcements of GNSS related events are released on our events page.
University Challenge Details
The European Satellite Navigation Competition (ESNC) accepts online entries from April 1st to June 30th. The competition reached its 9th year of operation in 2012. With an increasing number of applicants, the competition has now grown into an internationally recognised supporter of GNSS related innovation.
Discover more about the University Challenge special topic prize of the ESNC.
Links to External GNSS Resources
(1) Education, Research & Innovation in GNSS (ERIG), NAVKIT 1.1 User Manual; Letizia Lo Presti, Fabio Dovis and Chiara Marchese (Politecnico di Torino) and Gabriella Povero (ISMB); http://22.214.171.124/ns/downloads/NAVKIT_User_Manual_v1-2.pdf, 15th June 2008
Further resources relating to industrial and academic GNSS education will follow shortly.