Join our pioneering research fellows and get the generous funding, specialist support and unique opportunities you need to be a research leader.
- three years' independent research funding, covering salary costs at c. £40,000-49,000
- the link to a permanent academic post, subject to performance
- additional funding for research expenses totalling £75,000
- childcare costs of up to £15,000
- access to mentoring, career development and networking with the wider fellowship community
Please register your interest by Friday 8 October 2021 via the school vacancy. You must discuss your research proposal with your host school and you must have been awarded your PhD to apply.
Expected start date for successful fellows is Spring/Autumn 2022.
The School of Geography welcomes applications which complement and build on the existing research specialisms of the school’s Cultural and Historical Geography research theme. In particular, applications are encouraged in the areas of:
- Cultural and historical geographies of anticolonialism, imperialism, internationalism and/or race
- Cultural landscapes of the Anthropocene
The School of Geography welcomes applications from candidates conducting research on the interaction between current and future climate change and society, including:
- Climate risk management
- Sustainability and climate change
- Climate resilience and adaptation
- The economics of climate change
Applications are encouraged from candidates who could work in one or several of the four areas above, across more than one of the school’s research themes.
Find out more and how to apply
Posted on Tuesday 3rd August 2021