Under the Trade Union (Facility Time Publication Requirements) Regulations 2017; the University, as a public sector employer is required to collate and publish a range of data on the amount and cost of time spent by Trade Union Officials on facility time. Facility time is the provision of paid or unpaid time off from an employee’s normal role to undertake TU duties and activities.
The publication year runs from 1 April to 31 March. This information is to be published every year by 31 July.
The relevant Trade Unions with whom the University has a Collective Bargaining Agreement are:
- Universities and Colleges Union (UCU)
The ACAS Code of Practice on Time Off for Trade Union Duties and Activities is available at: http://www.acas.org.uk/media/pdf/l/q/CP03_1.pdf.
The information is published here on the University’s web site, on the designated Cabinet Office web site and will be published in the next available publication of the University’s ‘Global Review and Financial Statement’.
Reported Data for 2017 -2018
- Number of employees who were relevant union officials during the relevant period: 29
- Number of employees who were relevant union officials during the relevant period who spent the following percentages of their working hours on facility time:
0% = 0
1-50% = 29
51-99% = 0
100% = 0
- Percentage of the total pay bill spent on facility time: 0.0341%
- Time spent on paid trade union activities as a percentage of total paid facility time: 24.2%
Last edited Jul 30, 2018