We are located at the centre of the University Park Campus which has many facilities including a swimming pool and large sports centre, playing fields, restaurants and coffee shops, bars, shops, and halls of residence.
The School of Law shares the large and well-equipped Law and Social Sciences building, where you will find lecture theatres, a coffee/snack bar and meeting areas.
Legal Skills Team
The school's Legal Skills Team helps both undergraduate and postgraduate law students with their legal skills. The aim is to ensure that every student, regardless of background or ability, has someone they can approach to discuss their legal skills.
Help available includes:
- workshops, including how to answer problem questions and tips for effective case reading and note-taking
- one-to-one sessions giving advice on general legal and academic skills
- exam revision sessions, going through past exams or essays to identify strengths and weaknesses
- advice to international students to help them adjust to studying law in a foreign language
The School of Law provides one of the highest levels of teaching available, which is supported by facilities such as law specific computer rooms, spacious workspaces and an extensive law library, which is in close proximity to the faculty.
The Hallward Library is situated adjacent to the School of Law. It provides the following for law students:
- The Law Collection of approximately 60,000 books, law reports series, journals, microfilms and more
- Unlimited access to extensive collections of legal materials via a wide range of electronic sources
- Knowledgeable staff
- Undergraduate and postgraduate taught students have 24-hour access to a dedicated law student resource room
- Postgraduate research students have 24-hour access to a private study carrel, each with its own computer and lockable desk space located in the School of Law research student computer rooms
Find out more about the university's library and computing services.