Biography of Charles William Sydney Pierrepont, 4th Earl Manvers (1854-1926)
- Robert Pierrepont, 1st Earl of Kingston-upon-Hull (1584-1643)
- Henry Pierrepont, 2nd Earl of Kingston-upon-Hull and Marquess of Dorchester (1607-1680)
- Robert Pierrepont, 3rd Earl of Kingston-upon-Hull (c.1660-1682)
- William Pierrepont, 4th Earl of Kingston-upon-Hull (c.1662-1690)
- Evelyn Pierrepont, 1st Duke of Kingston-upon-Hull (c.1665-1726)
- William Pierrepont, Earl of Kingston-upon-Hull (1692-1713)
- Evelyn Pierrepont, 2nd Duke of Kingston-upon-Hull (1711-1773)
- Charles (Medows) Pierrepont, 1st Earl Manvers (1737-1816)
- Charles Herbert Pierrepont, 2nd Earl Manvers (1778-1860)
- Sydney William Herbert Pierrepont, 3rd Earl Manvers (1825-1900)
- Charles William Sydney Pierrepont, 4th Earl Manvers (1854-1926)
- Evelyn Robert Pierrepont, 5th Earl Manvers (1888-1940)
- Gervas Evelyn Pierrepont, 6th Earl Manvers (1881-1955)
Charles was the eldest son of Sydney William Herbert Pierrepont, 3rd Earl Manvers, and was born in London. He was styled Viscount Newark from 1860, and succeeded his father in 1900.
He joined the Grenadier Guards in 1872 and served as a Lieutenant until his retirement in 1880. He was also at various times Brigadier-General commanding the North Midlands Infantry Volunteers, Captain of the South Nottinghamshire Yeomanry Cavalry, and an honorary Colonel in the 8th Battalion Sherwood Foresters.
He was elected as Conservative M.P. for the Newark division of Nottinghamshire in 1885 and served until 1895, and was re-elected unopposed in 1898. The 4th Earl was a keen sportsman and was Master of the Rufford Hunt from 1900.
He married Helen, daughter of Sir Michael Robert Shaw-Stewart, 7th Baronet, in 1880, and had:
- Evelyn Robert (1888-1940), later 5th Earl
- Cicely Mary (1886-1936), m Francis Henry Hardy of Edith Weston Hall, Rutland, in 1915
- Alice Helen (1889-)
- Sibell (1892-1968), m Hubert Davys Argles in 1923
- Title deeds and estate papers relating to the 4th Earl's ownership of his estates are part of the Manvers Collection held in Manuscripts and Special Collections at the University of Nottingham
- There are no notable published works concerning the 4th Earl