Integrated Clinical Academic Programmes
The University of Nottingham in partnership with the East Midlands Research Design Service and Applied Research Collaboration East Midlands offer a comprehensive Clinical Academic Training programme for non-medical health care professionals no matter what stage they're at in their careers.
We offer the best environment to support clinical academic career development:
- Research training and mentorship from experienced clinical academics
- Access to research leaders in programmatic themes e.g. older people, health economics, community rehabilitation, long term conditions, stroke rehabilitation, mental health; child and maternal health, rehabilitation, e-learning technologies
- A vibrant, internationally recognised research culture, excellence in teaching
- Well established clinical academic networks & National Institute of Health Research award holders
- Over a decade of success in supporting individuals through the ICA pathway
Find out more about the ICA programmes
Typically suitable for registered professionals without postgraduate qualifications or formal training in research. This award supports clinicians to go on to apply for a research Master’s programme or NIHR Pre-Doctoral Clinical Academic Fellowship (PCAF). This programme is managed by the University of Lincoln.
Pre-Doctoral Bridging Programme
For those who have completed a Masters or equivalent postgraduate qualification and are looking to further develop a clinical academic career.
Post-Doctoral Bridging Programme
support post-doctoral individuals in applying for either the NIHR/HEE ICA Clinical Lectureship scheme or an equivalent award from elsewhere that is relevant for their clinical academic career development.