An international symposium on the future of sustainable development will offer professionals in the construction industry a unique insight into the latest innovations, policies and legislation which are driving zero/low carbon housing creation throughout the UK and Europe.
The event, ‘Beyond Zero Carbon Housing’ is taking place at The University of Nottingham on Wednesday 24 October 2012 at the Department of Architecture and Built Environment on University Park.
Tickets are still available for the unique one-day programme of lectures and debate which include big international names in contemporary architecture like Mario Cucinella, Bill Gething, Alan Shingler, Nick Ebbs, Robin Nicholson, Julian Marsh, Richard Partington and Fionn Stevenson.
The event follows on from the successful ‘Towards Zero Carbon Housing’ symposium hosted by the University five years ago and is part of the European-wide Ten Act10n Project which is supported by the European Commission Intelligent Energy Europe.
As well as the packed programme of talks and discussions, delegates will have the opportunity visit the University’s recently re-erected Nottingham H.O.U.S.E. (Home with Optimised Use of Solar Energy), which was the UK entry at the Solar Decathlon Europe 2010 competition and view the other remarkable houses in the Department’s eco-village Creative Energy Homes on campus.
The sessions which make up the symposium include among many others:
- Zero Carbon Housing – A UK Road Map by Richard Partington of Richard Partington Architects and The Zero Carbon Hub.
- Solar Decathlon Europe & 10 Action by Edwin Rodriguez of the Universidad Politecnica de Madrid.
- The Euro100K Home by Mario Cucinella who designed The University of Nottingham’s Centre for Sustainable Energy Technology (Paper Lantern) building on the University’s campus in Ningbo, China.
- Designing for Future Climates by sustainability expert Bill Gething.
- A final debate with all speakers on Beyond Zero Carbon – The Future?
Registration for delegates costs £30 for externals and is free for University of Nottingham Post Graduate Researchers and staff. Tickets includes lunch and refreshments as well as tours of the Creative Energy Homes & Prototyping Architecture Exhibition.
The deadline for registration is October 22nd 2012 and tickets are available via Sophie.Bailey@nottingham.ac.uk