In this section you will find links to recorded events run by the PPRG and short videos by members of the PPRG showcasing their work and research on current topical issues.
Proceedings of the Global Revolution Conference Virtual Event held on 22 June 2021
These are the recordings of the presentations given at the online event.
Session one: Procurement reform in the UK - The Green Paper
Session chair: Luke Butler, PPRG
- Sam Rowbury - Director Commercial Policy, Cabinet Office
- Edward Green - Deputy Director, International and Reform Team, Cabinet Office
- Tracy Pritchard - International and Reform Team, Cabinet Office
Download the presentation slides
Session two: The Green Paper on Public Procurement in the Light of the UK's Experience in the Covid-19 Pandemic
Session chair: Professor Sue Arrowsmith QC (Hon) - Professor Emerita, University of Nottingham
Followed by panel discussion with:
- Michael Bowsher QC - Monckton Chambers
- Rebecca Rees - Partner, Trowers and Hamlins
Session three: International Roundup
Session chair: Peter Trepte, PPRG
- Enzo de Laurentiis - Chief Procurement Officer, World Bank
- Paulo Magina - Deputy Head of the Infrastructure and Public Procurement Division, OECD Public Governance Directorate
- Reto Malacrida – Counsellor and Head of the Government Procurement and Competition Policy Group with the Intellectual Property, Government Procurement and Competition Division, WTO Secretariat
- WTO (GPA Secretariat)
- Caroline Nicholas - Head of Technical Assistance and Senior Legal Officer at the International Trade Law Division, United Nations Office of Legal Affairs (the UNCITRAL Secretariat)
- Christopher Yukins - Professor, George Washington University
Session four: Procurement Lessons Learned from the Pandemic - with the benefit of hindsight…
Session chair: Professor Annamaria LaChimia
- Gian Luigi Albano - Consip, Italy
- Benedetta Audia - UNOPS
- Mihály Fazekas - Central European University
- Cesar Pereira - Partner, Justen, Pereira, Oliveira and Talamini
- Camila Salazar - Open Contracting Partnership
- Sope Williams-Elegbe - Professor, Stellenbsoch University
Research on Covid-19 by members of the PPRG
Seminar on procurement and data during Covid-19
Sustainable food procurement for schools
Professor La Chimia and Professor Lucciarini talk about their project on Sustainable Food Procurement for Schools (a project financed by the BA-Leverhulme Thrust).They explain the importance of food procurement for schools and how states can foster children's human rights via their purchasing programmes.
The authors also talk about the equality atlas they are developing and the impact this can have on future food purchasing programmes.
Covid-19 and the right to food
Professor Annamaria La Chimia, the PPRG Director, joins Luis Eslava (Kent Law), Clair Gammage (Bristol Law), and Michael Fakhri (Oregon Law), the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, in the 5th IEL Collective Conversation, discussing Covid-19 and the right to food.
Watch the video on YouTube