Welcome to the University of Nottingham Commercial Law Centre
The University of Nottingham Commercial Law Centre (UNCLC) is committed to the promotion of research excellence in the field of commercial law and to the impact of research on commercial law reform and development, nationally and internationally.
Its members carry out this mission through a broad range of research (empirical, doctrinal, interdisciplinary), publications, and collaborations with other leading academic institutions, as well as governments, intergovernmental organisations, and standard-setting bodies.
Professor Irit Mevorach and Professor Paul Torremans
- Business and human rights, and international regulation of businesses: Robert McCorquodale and Klara Polackova Van der Ploeg
- Consumer law: Peter Cartwright and Richard Hyde
- Corporate, restructuring and insolvency: Sandra Frisby, Irit Mevorach, Susan Morgan, Christos Andrikopoulos, Casey Watters
- European and international business, corporate and insolvency law: Irit Mevorach, Jeff Kenner, Narine Ghazaryan, Christos Andrikopoulos, Qianlan Wu
- International trade and maritime law: Howard Bennett, Andrea Tosato
- International commercial litigation including commercial conflicts of laws and international arbitration: Paul Torremans, Orsolya Toth, Reza Beheshti, Irit Mevorach, Qianlan Wu
- Intellectual property: Paul Torremans, Estelle Derclaye, Andrea Tosato
- Secured transactions, property and finance: Sandra Frisby, Christopher Sargeant, Sanam Saidova, Andrea Tosato
- On 28 July 2021, Professor Paul Torremans gave an interview to Al Jazeera's Inside Story programme on the topic of the Covid-19 vaccines patent waiver.
- 02 August 2021
- On 6 July 2021, the European Law Institute (ELI) is hosting a Webinar: 'Rescue of Business in Europe: the Impacts of ELI's Work'.
- 23 June 2021
- The Insolvency Service is launching a new academic research and technical conference and is inviting interested parties to submit papers.
- 17 June 2021
There are currently no upcoming events.
Join us on LinkedIn
To receive UNCLC news and events, please subscribe to our mailing list: