The National Asphalt Research Consortium (NARC)
The National Asphalt Research Consortium (narc) is a research-led collaboration between the Universities of Nottingham, Aston, Brunel, East London, Ulster Universities and organisations in the asphalt and related industries. The Consortium meets at regular intervals and provides the opportunity for a co-operative dialogue between academia and industry with a view to developing innovative solutions to pavement engineering problems.
The main objectives of the Consortium are to:
- Promote the technical advancement and application of bituminous materials and related products.
- Bring together members of the asphalt and related industries in a co-operative group, in order to research and develop innovative solutions to pavement engineering problems.
- Develop/improve working relationships between the member organisations, with a view to co-operative exploitation of any research ideas and results.
- Improve the transfer of research and technology between the universities and industry.
- Seek collaboration with other research organisations world-wide.
- Identify needs for (and host) short courses and workshops.