Business and economics
- What is Economics?: a series of short videos providing an insight into what Economics students and staff get up to
- Preferences for Truth-telling: a short clip showcasing research conducted by academics at the University of Nottingham
- Key to English Place-Names: Learn about the history of your local area through place-names! KEPN is a tool that provides a comprehensive guide to the roots of place-names across England
- Learning Landscape through Language: Explore how landscape was viewed in the past and how it was shaped by people living and working locally with these resources for Key Stage 2 students
- East Midlands Viking Museum: Find out about the Vikings in the East Midlands through artefacts, place-names and runes in this virtual museum. You can also download Viking broach designs to use in the classroom
Science and engineering
National Scientific Thinking Challenge: This completly free for schools and an online test devised by experienced science educators to encourage thinking and enjoyment in Year 10 students. It will take place during the last week of April 2023.
- Build a virus in this interactive learning package that helps early KS3 pupils understand the dynamics of the current pandemic
- Build a worm in this fun, yet informative, activity which will allow early KS3 pupils to investigate how parasites can make us ill
- Investigate engaging case studies to learn how scientists use their knowledge of genetics to decode and cure different viruses, such as COVID and Giardia
- Vet in a box: Vet Team in a box is a is a complete secondary school lesson in a box here students will participate in ‘real-life’ veterinary scenarios, performing diagnostic tests similar to those used to diagnose real animals and interpreting scientific evidence
Business and economics
The School of Economics has made a series of short videos providing an insight into what it's students and staff get up to, what an economics degree entails and how some of the research done by the School’s academics can be understood in the real world.
History, Archaeology and Classics
Classical Civilisation and Ancient History
History of Art
Media, Languages and Culture
- The School of Computer Science invites you to the Ada Lovelace Day 2020 celebration on the 14th of October.
- The Ada Lovelace Day is a worldwide celebration of women's achievements in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. https://adalovelaceday.wordpress.com/
- Explore 'Why is a pill a pill?' in this interactive learning package that investigates the different formualtions of medicine and why some vaccines need to be injected
Physics and Astronomy
Foundations of Science or Undergraduate Degrees
Hear what our students have to say about our modules across our Politics and International Relations courses.
Online IR archives covering:
Gain an insight into the optional modules available at year two in the School of Sociology and Social Policy: module videos
Professor Andrew Murphy presents a Social Work course overview for you to explore the course content in more detail and understand social work ethics
The UnBias project
The UnBias project is an interdisciplinary research team from the Universities of Nottingham, Oxford and Edinburgh, focused on understanding young peoples' attitudes, concerns and recommendations for change when using the internet.
They have produced a number of tools aimed to promote awareness about how algorithms shape online experiences:
Theology, Religious Studies and Philosophy
- Explore aspects of Christian faith in relation to contemporary problems through these short Firth lectures
- Check out these YouTube playlists created by the Department of Theology and Religious Studies to help you research the different related courses you can study at the University:
Libraries' Learning Development
Explore higher education
Choosing your course and university
Applying to a competitive university
Experience the University of Nottingham
- Virtual Tour: Explore all three of our award winning UK campuses in 360 degree images and videos
360 building tours
Student experience videos