Taiwan Studies Programme
The Taiwan Studies Programme (TSP) at the University of Nottingham is dedicated to developing wider and sustained scholarly interest in the study, research and teaching of the politics, culture, society, external relations and economy of Taiwan.
As a 'miracle economy' and 'Third Wave' democracy, Taiwan is a fascinating case for many areas of academic investigation.
In addition to its complex history, disputed status and vibrant democratic system, Taiwan is a key component of the geopolitical landscape of East Asia and the Asia-Pacific.
Developing and disseminating knowledge about Taiwan is thus an important endeavour, one that the TSP is committed to advancing through supporting academic research and engaging with academia, policy makers and the wider community. It will shortly be launching its own social media platform, offering insightful commentaries on current affairs by TSP researchers as well as other leading international scholars in the field.
Another important role of the TSP is to develop academic exchanges with Taiwanese colleagues and to facilitate members' participation in conferences and collaborative academic activities in Taiwan.
To attain these objectives the TSP implements a complementary programme of research and teaching on Taiwan, including financial support for doctoral students, an annual international conference and regular high profile public lectures.
- 06 (09:30) - 10 June 2022 (15:00)
- Hybrid Mode: Streamed online and speaker on campus, LG106 Hallward Library, Online registration
- Dr Tse-min Lin, Associate Professor of Government at the University of Texas Austin for a one-week workshop on Analyzing Time-Series Cross-Section Data in Social Science Research
- 17 (09:00) - 18 June 2022 (18:00)
- E07 Monica Partridge Building, Hybrid Event: taking place in person and participation online via MS Teams., Online registration
- The Taiwan Studies Program of the University of Nottingham is holding a conference on 17th-18th June 2022 to explore the issues raised by this novel dynamic of contemporaneous applications to join the CPTPP from the UK, China and Taiwan.
See all events and listen to podcasts of our previous events
- The Taiwan Studies Program of the University of Nottingham is holding a conference on 17th-18th June 2022 to explore the issues raised by this novel dynamic of contemporaneous applications to join the CPTPP from the UK, China and Taiwan
- 29 November 2021
- The 2022 Taiwan Fellowship programme has opened for online applications. The deadline for applications is 30 June 2021.
- 07 May 2021