The LGBTQIA+ Staff Network is exists to support lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer, intersex, asexual employees within the University of Nottingham and create a more LGBTQIA+ inclusive work environment.
The LGBTQIA+ Staff Network recognises that people have a number of identities and can face challenges associated with their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion and age alongside their sexuality. The Network has been set up to welcome people from a diversity of backgrounds. The LGBTQIA+ Staff Network is run by people from the LGBTQIA+ community and is supported by the EDI Committee.
The LGBTQIA+ Staff Network is coordinated by two co-convenors and meets regularly throughout the year in addition to its Microsoft Teams group.
The purpose of the network is to:-
1. Provide mutual support and representation for all LGBTQIA+ staff regardless of their job family or whether they are on a permanent or temporary contract of employment.
2. Facilitate LGBTQIA+ staff experiencing difficulty due to their gender identity and sexuality to access confidential advice and support.
3. Participate information and organise social activities to encourage participation of LGBTQIA+ staff in the University community.
4. Assist with policy development on LGBTQIA+ issues within the University of Nottingham by providing advice and feedback to the EDI Committee and Human Resources.
5. Increase university wide understanding of LGBTQIA+ issues by organising information-sharing events and advising on staff training.
6. Strengthen the diversity agenda of the University of Nottingham by supporting initiatives to improve the recruitment and retention of LGBTQIA+ staff.