Services for Students


General services

These FAQs provide general information about your studies.


There are two different types of transcripts: graduate transcripts and provisional transcripts. You can order these online by visiting the Official Documents and Letters page.


Whilst you are a full time registered student at the University of Nottingham, you do not need to pay Council Tax. The Student Services Centre sends a list of exempt students to local Councils so you will need to contact your Council to inform them that you are a student. However, if you do not live in the local area, you will have to request a Council Tax Exemption Certificate. To find out if you qualify for automatic exemption, or to request the document, please visit the Official Documents and Letters page.


During your time at the University, you may be asked to confirm your status as a current student. A confirmation of student status letter will verify: your course details and start date, your tuition fee liability, your expected completion date and your graduation date (if applicable). To find out more and to request a letter, please visit the Official Documents and Letters page.


If you need to extend your Tier 4 Student Visa whilst studying at the University of Nottingham, you may be asked to provide a CAS. For information on how to request a CAS, please visit our webpages.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4



Student Services

University Park

Please see our need help page for telephone and online contact points