Services for Students


Frequently Asked Questions

Search All the Questions


You can view your exam timetable via Sharepoint.

Please ensure that you check your timetable very carefully. If you notice anything missing please email the Exams Office. 

There are a number of steps that you need to undertake, here is a summary to follow.
  1. Speak to your School, ideally your tutor, about the possibility of interrupting, transferring or withdrawing from your studies.  They will advise on the possibilities open to you, as well as any potential implications.  They will also be able to advise with regard to the timing and time limits of interruptions.
  2. Fill in the relevant form which can be found in the Quality Manual.
  3. Withdrawal forms do not require a school signature.
  4. If you are looking to interrupt or transfer, please get your School to sign the form, they are able to complete this electronically if you are away from campus.   Your School will decide whether to approve your request.
  5. In the case of international students the Visa and Immigration team will also need to review your form.
  6. Return your form to Student Services
  7. You will receive an email confirmation when your request has been processed.

Students whose Programmes of Study allow will be transferred to the thesis pending period at the end of registered study if they have successfully passed their final annual review and have not submitted their thesis for examination.

Registering in thesis pending may allow you to be exempt from Council Tax. You should always check with your individual Council as to their exemptions. Some sponsors of international students also require their students to register in thesis pending.


UK campus based students with the following exceptions:

  • Undergraduates in Nursing or Midwifery
  • Pre-sessional English (CELE) students
  • Undergraduate medical students will not have access to the My Progression profile and will be told their progression status by their School Office
  • PGR students will not see the My Progression profile

Please contact the graduation team if you were expecting an invitation for Winter 2021 but haven't received one by 8 November.


If you graduated in 1987 or before, we will only confirm the title and level of your final qualification and the date of your graduation. If you graduated in or after 1988, we can provide a transcript of the marks you obtained while you were at University. Please request your document by selecting the relevant transcript in the Student Documents and Letters section of the Online Store.

Please note that there may be occasions when we do not have a comprehensive set of marks for each stage of your course, especially if you graduated from the University prior to 2001. If we are unable to produce a full transcript for you, we will confirm your degree title, degree class and the date that you were officially awarded a degree and give you a full refund.

If you are a former International Mobility Student (Study Abroad, Universitas 21, International Exchange or Socrates Erasmus) you should order your transcript from the International Office.


There are three ways to view your timetable, all accessible via the Teaching Timetable homepage

  • MyCal which is an online calendar accessible through google, Office 365 and Apple calendars.
  • The MyNottingham app which can be downloaded from your phone or tablets app store.
  • The master online timetable viewable on the University website. This is where you can view module timetables as well as your own personal timetable.

You'll need your main University username and password to view your timetable. New students will normally have this once they have completed Registration.


On all devices you will need to enable pop-ups for this site which may be indicated by a "no entry" symbol in the top right corner of your browser.

It is possible that some content on your student record needs to be updated and we will need to investigate this for you, please contact a Student Service Centre and we will look into this for you .

Once changes are made to your student record, your timetable will automatically update. This usually happens within 3 working days, but at peak times can take up to 5 working days. If after this time your change is still not visible, please contact a Student Service Centre so that we can follow it up for you.

If there is a difference between what is shown on the master online timetable and MyCal this is because there is a delay of 6-8 hours in the information updating when a change has been made. This will update automatically and you do not need to let us know about it.

To report an issue please fill in the online enquiry form with as much detail as possible.


You are disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activity.

Many people who don’t think of themselves as disabled can access support from our office/service – unseen medical or mental health conditions are included, and so are Specific Learning Differences like dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD.



The Counselling Service is available, free of charge, to all registered undergraduate and postgraduate students and to all University staff.


The Core Bursary is a grant awarded to home fee status undergraduate students, eligibility for which depends on factors including household income and the course you are attending.

The application process is straightforward. Please refer to the 'how do I get my bursary?' page for further information.

Displaying 1 to 10 of 226
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Student Services feedback form

Let us know how we're doing. Whether you've had excellent service or something needs improving, we want to hear from you.

Student Services

University Park

Please see our need help page for telephone and online contact points