This programme is for Home students only and is not open to international applications.
International students should apply for the Science and Engineering Foundation Certificate at the University of Nottingham International College.
All students will need at least one device to approve security access requests via Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). We also recommend students have a suitable laptop to work both on and off-campus. For more information, please check the equipment advice.
As a student on this course, you should factor some additional costs into your budget, alongside your tuition fees and living expenses:
- Books - You should be able to access most of the books you’ll need through our libraries, and all material for the course will be provided electronically.
- Printing – Black and white printing costs 4p per side.
- PPE – the department shall provide eye protection and lab coats as required, for use within the laboratory facilities.
- Laptops – Although there are PCs available for your use in our computer labs, you may wish to purchase your own laptop, read more about our recommended specification.
- Calculator - While the calculator you used for your former study is usually sufficient some students will choose to purchase a new calculator which will cost around £10.
Please note that these figures are approximate and subject to change.
There may also be costs issued by the university for replacement student ID cards, additional transcripts or certification letters, reassessments and library fines.
Scholarships and bursaries
There are scholarships and bursaries available to student which can contribute towards the cost of studying at the University of Nottingham.
Over one third of our UK students receive our means-tested core bursary, worth up to £1,000 a year. Full details can be found on our financial support pages.
* A 'home' student is one who meets certain UK residence criteria. These are the same criteria as apply to eligibility for home funding from Student Finance.