Our aim is excellence in teaching and research to sustain a healthy supply of food. We study fundamental and applied animal and plant science, agricultural production; economic and environmental sustainability; food manufacturing, processing and consumption; the interaction between food, animal and human health; food safety, and the biotechnological processing of farm products.
The School of Biosciences is proud to be an Athena Swan Bronze Award holder.
Follow us on Social Networks
Research Excellence Framework
The outcomes of the 2014 Research Excellence Framework have been announced. Across the Schools of Biosciences and Veterinary Medicine and Science, 97% of work was judged to be of international quality and 37% of work was assessed as world-leading (4-star). We are proud to have the top ranked research environment within Unit of Assessment 6 (Agriculture, Veterinary and Food Science).
- 300 applicants applied for a place on the prestigious Farm Apprentice boot camp. Three out of the 10 finalists are studying an Agriculture course at Nottingham's Sutton Bonington Campus.
- The School of Biosciences is delighted that final year students gave an overall satisfaction rating of 91% in the NSS 2016.
- Enrolment takes place from Monday 26 September to Wednesday 28 September: precise dates dependent on which modules you wish to study.
- Dr Mark Farrell from CSIRO Adelaide. All staff and students welcome.
- 27 - 28/10/2016
- Wellcome Trust funded University Research Café in Nottingham City Centre.