Our aim is excellence in teaching and research to sustain a healthy supply of food. We study fundamental and applied animal and plant science, agricultural production; economic and environmental sustainability; food manufacturing, processing and consumption; the interaction between food, animal and human health; food safety, and the biotechnological processing of farm products.
The School of Biosciences is proud to be an Athena Swan Bronze Award holder.
Research Excellence Framework
The outcomes of the 2014 Research Excellence Framework have been announced. Across the Schools of Biosciences and Veterinary Medicine and Science, 97% of work was judged to be of international quality and 37% of work was assessed as world-leading (4-star). We are proud to have the top ranked research environment within Unit of Assessment 6 (Agriculture, Veterinary and Food Science).
- Students can diversify their degree course by choosing a language module for credits with the Language Centre.
- HuiQi Yeo, an MRes (Food Science and Engineering) student at the University of Nottingham's Division of Food Sciences, has won the Masters Student of the Year Award at the 2017 EFFoST (European Federation of Food Science and Technology) International Conference in Spain.
- The first student to receive funding under a new partnership between the University of Nottingham and Molson Coors has undertaken a research project that looks to improve the performance of yeast in high gravity brewing.
- 10 - 12/04/2018
- Three days Food Flavour training from industry and academic experts.
- 01 - 04/07/2018
- The 5th International Conference on Food Oral Processing will be hosted by the University of Nottingham in July 2018, bringing together around 200 industry and academic delegates interested in all aspects of eating and oral processing.