The University of Nottingham boasts 10 libraries across its UK and international campuses. Together they provide access to over one million books and journals and more than three million manuscripts. We have one of the most heavily-used electronic collections in the UK, including ebooks, ejournals and databases.
Library facilities include:
- traditional silent reading areas
- designated and bookable areas for group study
- refreshment areas
Four of the University’s largest libraries provide some of the most technologically advanced flexible learning facilities in Europe.
Membership is open to:
- University staff and students
- the public
- corporate groups
University Park Campus
The University Park Campus houses the Hallward Library, the George Green Library and the Denis Arnold Music Library.
- Hallward Library is considered to be one of the UK’s finest library buildings. Its four floors house the arts, humanities, law and social sciences collections.
- George Green Library of Science and Engineering has collections of biological and pure sciences, engineering and psychology, housed in a new building from 2015.
- Denis Arnold Music Library in the Lakeside Arts Centre has an extensive collection of musical scores and sound recordings covering classical, ethnic and 20th century classical music.
The Jubilee Campus has two libraries:
- Djanogly Learning Resource Centre
- Business Library
Between them they serve the needs of the School of Education, the School of Computing Science and the Business School.
Greenfield Medical Library
The Greenfield Medical Library, located in the Medical School, has a collection of biomedical, nursing and healthcare books and periodicals used by:
- staff and students of the University
- staff of University Hospital
- staff of local NHS Trusts.
James Cameron-Gifford Library
The James Cameron-Gifford Library on the Sutton Bonington Campus holds materials on applied biosciences, veterinary medicine and science.
King’s Meadow Campus
The campus is home to the University’s Manuscripts and Special Collections, including extensive archives, rare books and the local studies East Midlands Collection.
Search our collections
NUsearch is the resource discovery tool, search our own collections and beyond.
UNLOC is the classic library catalogue, searching our own collections.
For further information on library services at The University of Nottingham please visit the Library website