An applicant should be at least 18 years of age on admission to the University. For the purposes of this regulation the date of "admission" is defined as the first day of September in the relevant academic year. This requirement may be waived on behalf of Quality and Standards Committee for applicants who will be less than 18 years of age on admission, on an individual basis, provided that their parents or guardians have given their written agreement in advance to additional safeguards and requirements. These include acknowledging that the University will not act in "loco parentis."
The University is unable to act as an immigration sponsor for international students below 16 years of age. Consequently we cannot accept international students below the age of 16 where they will need a student visa to enter or remain in the UK.
The following outlines the University procedures for handling applications from candidates who will be under 18 years of age at the start of their course.
1. UCAS* forms for applicants who are under 18 years of age at the start of their chosen course will be highlighted on the applications sent to admissions decision makers.
2. If a School decides that they wish to offer a place to an applicant who will be under 18 years of age on the relevant date, the admissions tutor should return the UCAS form to the relevant office to process the offer. The admissions administrator should then request the necessary parental consent by forwarding a letter, information sheet and pro forma of consent to the candidate.
3. On receipt of the signed pro forma of consent from the candidate, the Head of Admissions can act on behalf of Quality and Standards Committee to waive the minimum age requirement. Once a decision has been taken, an offer will be sent to the candidate.
45. In August, following confirmation, the Head of Undergraduate Admissions will create a list of unconditional firm under 18 candidates to be circulated to relevant Heads of Schools and the Accommodation Office. The Accommodation Office will inform wardens of the U18 students who will be joining their hall of residence.
* UK undergraduate admissions only.
Portland Building, University of NottinghamUniversity Park
Nottingham, NG7 2RD
Connect with the University of Nottingham through social media and our blogs.
Campus maps | More contact information | Jobs
Browser does not support script.