Welcome to the Faculty of Arts
Welcome to the Faculty of Arts, home to the School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies, School of English, and School of Humanities and associated Centres and Institutes, and member of the Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership
A snapshotof the Faculty of Arts at The University of Nottingham.
The Faculty of Arts provides a stimulating and welcoming community where you can enjoy a high quality educational experience. Colleagues in the Faculty have been recognised for their outstanding and inspirational teaching, both with awards and impressive National Student Survey results. Academic colleagues produce world-leading research and, following our strong REF 2014 results, we aim to continue to promote a thriving research environment.
The Faculty has a tremendous range of facilities to support your learning including a theatre, museum, recital hall, galleries, libraries, Manuscripts and Special Collections, and digital resources with the latest graphics equipment and software.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Professor Jeremy Gregory
Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Faculty of Arts
- 07/10/2015 - 31/03/2016
- The Great Hall, Trent Building, University Park, University Park Campus
- The event will feature information for those interested in both postgraduate taught courses and research, with sessions on funding, skills development and postgraduate support. Book your place online.
- A11 Highfield House
- The Institute for Medieval Research invites PG medievalists from all departments to present their research and its significance in no more than three minutes for a chance to win the IMR 3MT® Competition.
- Room G35 Senate House Malet Street London WC1E 7HU
- This event brings together the Berlin writer Annett Gröschner and her translator Katy Derbyshire. Whether in her essays, feuilleton pieces, short stories or her novels (Moskauer Eis ; Walpurgistag ), Annett Gröschner brings to life Berlin's 'Alltagsgeschichte' and the city's unique language, culture and atmosphere.
- A Graduate School project in partnerships and placements is amongst the winners at the 2015 THE Awards which took place 26 November, Grosvenor House Hotel, London.
- Volunteers from the Vikings for Schools project try out their new equipment.