Advanced Spoken French Term 2 This module is designed for students who have completed a level 5 French evening class or who have an equivalent amount of study (approximately 400 hours of study, B2-C1 on the Common European Framework for Languages.)
On successful completion of this 22 week course, students will be able to:
- Discuss further social issues: new vs. traditional values; an ageing society.
- Cultural issues: newspapers, magazines and books; French music, French cinema , literature.
- Historical issues: Les célébrations pour le centenaire de la Grande Guerre.
- Write and speak with increasing sophistication and using different registers.
- Read more advanced texts.
- Argue topics.
- Discuss feelings.
- Use all tenses and moods with increasing mastery.
- Use advanced language structures.
Students will be required to purchase a text book for this course.
**Please note** - The full level 1 course is 22 weeks. This is the second half of the 22 week course. New students are welcome to book on to the course if they have equivalent previous knowledge.