German Level 4 Term 2 - is designed for students who have completed one term of the German level 4 evening class or who have an equivalent amount of study (approximately 280 hours of study).
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Make first contacts and get to know one another.
- Discuss modern means of communication.
- Discuss professional life.
- Discuss aspects of daily life, for example stress on the road.
- Discuss Sunday work.
- Discuss stereotypes and prejudices about Germany.
- Discuss family patterns and family celebrations.
- Discuss emergency situations and services.
- Discuss the fall of the Berlin Wall and German reunification.
- Understand and use an increasing range of tenses: present, past (imperfect, perfect and imperfect), the subjunctive, the passive form.
- Enhance their confidence with relative clauses.
- Enhance their knowledge of verb constructions.
- Use comparative and superlative forms confidently.
- Enhance their knowledge of indefinite pronouns and articles.
Students will be required to purchase a text book for this course.
**Please note** - The full level 4 course is 22 weeks. This is the second half of the 22 week course. New students are welcome to book on to the course if they have equivalent previous knowledge.