Japanese Level 1 New Beginners - is aimed at students with no previous knowledge of the language.
The course introduces some of the basic structures of the language through topics related to social and everyday life in Japan.
On successful completion of this 22 week course, students will be able to:
- Exchange simple greetings.
- Introduce themselves and other people.
- Give personal information about family, job or studies and where they live.
- Give the same information about other people.
- Use numbers, express dates, time and prices.
- Shop for food and clothes.
- Order meals and drinks.
- Describe items and people.
- Use basic adjectives to describe items and people and conjugate them with the appropriate tense.
- Use basic verbs in masu form and conjugate them with the appropriate tense.
- Write and read Japanese alphabet HIRAGANA.
Students will be required to purchase a text book for this course.
**Please note** - The full course is 22 weeks. This is the second half of the 22 week course. New students are welcome to book on to the course if they have equivalent previous knowledge.