This module is a level 4 course for students who have completed the 10-week Beginners Chinese level 3 course or students with equivalent language skills. Excellent command of Pinyin is a prerequisite to starting the course.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Give and respond to basic day-to-day instructions.
- Communicate effectively when asking and giving directions, locations, and time.
- Learn about currencies and how to bargain.
- Participate in a variety of situations drawn from real life.
- Develop a speaking and listening vocabulary of approximately 650 words and frequently used phrases.
- Develop a written vocabulary of 400 characters.
- Understand more Chinese etiquette and customs related to the course content.
Course book: Chinese in Steps, Vol. 2 Lesson 16-20.
Please note that a minimum of 5 students is required in order for a course to run. Should any course not recruit sufficiently, a full refund will be provided.