The module begins with an 'Introduction to Meat Science' (core package) – an e-learning suite to be studied as an introduction to the whole module. Participants will be expected to complete this before attending other parts of the module. Participants can then choose from the following training days held at Sutton Bonington.
Participants on the 10 credit module should choose 4 days training.
To complete the 20 credit module, participants can attend 8 days training.
- Slaughterhouse Procedures.
- Meat Quality Attributes.
- Animal Production.
- Animal genetics and the use of new technologies.
- Meat Safety and Zoonosis.
- Sensory Evaluation - An Introductory Workshop.
- Specialized Packaging, Labelling and Processing (2 days).
- Meat consumption and human health.