On this course you will explore nutrition support strategies and gain the skills and knowledge to design, assess and monitor routine enteral and parenteral feeding regimens in the prevention and treatment of malnutrition.
The course is designed for practising dietitians and other healthcare professionals to update your individual knowledge and skills.
Depending on your professional background, a combination of these courses can lead to either a postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma or masters qualification in Advanced Dietetic Practice.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Interpret the theoretical basis for parenteral and enteral nutrition in the prevention and treatment of malnutrition.
- Critically evaluate specific clinical practices relating to feeding routes – in particular parenteral nutrition vs. elemental feeding.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of multi-disciplinary team working.
- Justify relevant clinical outcomes in a range of complex patients requiring nutrition support.
Our programmes are specially developed by professionals in the Division of Nutritional Sciences. We have a dynamic teaching team and offer the opportunity to learn under the guidance of expert practitioners, educators and researchers.
During your studies with us, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a thorough knowledge of the principles of professional development.
- Develop skills of critical thinking, problem solving and reflective practice.
- Develop practical skills in relation to accepted theories.
Fees and Funding
Please contact the course administrator for fees information.
Applicants who will be employed by the NHS in the East Midlands while they are undertaking their studies may be eligible to apply for Learning Beyond Registration (LBR) funding through Health Education East Midlands. Funding is available for individual courses and full programmes, with the exception of the 60 credit Research Project/Dissertation required on the Masters course, which would be self-funded.
All candidates must complete an LBR funding form or self-funding form. To check if you qualify for funding and obtain the appropriate form, please contact the course administrator.