A good Islamic market strategy will help local SMEs in targeting their foreign customers and marketing their products in foreign lands in a halal way.
The primary focus of this training is to provide the participants with a comprehensive synopsis of the tools needed to manage financial functions efficiently, and to develop halal marketing strategies that are necessary for an internationally diversified small and medium enterprise (SME). The course will be delivered using presentations, discussions, case studies and role plays that will help the participants in fulfilling the financial and marketing objectives of their SMEs in a shari’ah compliant way.
Two day programme for start-up owners, venture capitalists, prospective entrepreneurs from both services and manufacturing sectors.
After completing the training, you will be able:
- To develop an understanding of Islamic financial management for SMEs that includes an overview of the industy, opportunities and challenges.
- To learn how to prepare a financial plan to apply for bank/venture capital loans.
- To learn how to prepare a halal branding strategy for your company/product.
- To analyse the opportunities and challenges for Islamic SMEs in other countries.
Dr Mamunur Rashid
Dr Mamunur Rashid is an Assistant Professor of Finance at Nottingham University Business School Malaysia. He has been teaching and conducting training on financial management and Islamic entrepreneurship for the last ten years.
show/hide full profile...
His area of expertise includes financial management, financing of small firms, Islamic business, and Islamic ethics. He worked on the “Malaysian Workforce Quality” (a Malaysian Human Resource Development Ministry project) and he trained senior officials of PVH Corp., on advance computer application in business in Bangladesh.
Dr Mamunur is also the Deputy Director of the Centre for Islamic Business and Finance Research (CIBFR) at the University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus. He has published on Islamic finance and business, business ethics and Islamic services marketing. Dr Mamunur is a Malaysian Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF) certified trainer.
Dr Dilip Mutum
Dr Dilip Mutum is a Senior University Teaching Fellow at Nottingham University Business School Malaysia. Prior to this, he was with the Coventry Business School, Coventry University, as a Lecturer in Marketing and Advertising.
show/hide full profile...
He has also taught at the Warwick Business School, University of Warwick and Universiti Utara Malaysia. Before joining academia, Dilip worked with various organisations in different capacities. This included a short stint as a sub-editor of a magazine and as the Communications Officer for Consumers International - Asia Pacific office.
Dilip has published widely in journals and books, as well as presenting at national and international conferences. His research interests include digital consumption, social networking, customer relationship management, and social marketing. His Twitter profile (@admutum) has over 8000 followers.
Module one – Financial management of Islamic business
- Element of a financial plan
- Forecasting financial variables
- Applying for Islamic bank loans
- Understanding shari'ah compliant investments
Module two – Alternative financing, operational management, and sustainability
- Understanding alternative financing available
- Preparing cash budget and determining funds needs
- Influence of taxation (GST) and the way forward
- Micro-equity funds and Micro-takaful insurance
Module three – Essentials of halal marketing
- Elements of a halal branding strategy
- Target markets and customer satisfaction in Islamic business
Module four – Advertisement, branding and distribution of halal products
- Social image of shari'ah compliant advertising
- Branding of Islamic business
- Creating a sustainable brand value
- Supply chain management of halal products
- Costing and profitability of the halal product
Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) is one of the world’s leading providers of business, finance and management education. We provide outstanding teaching programmes and support that enable our students at our schools in the UK, China and Malaysia to excel in a global environment.
We are a large and culturally diverse school, with 40 full-time academic staff, from countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea, Australia, India and the UK and over 1,000 foundation, undergraduate, and postgraduate students.