This is a two-day residential programme. The primary focus of this training is to provide the participants with comprehensive solutions to all senior management and board members who see the limitation in discharging their responsibilities due to lack of financial and reporting knowledge and expertise. The course delivery includes presentations, discussions, case studies and role plays designed to assist participants in applying these concepts at their workplaces.
Senior managers and business professionals in large established companies who rely on financial statements to evaluate businesses.
After completing the training, you will be able:
- Review and reflect your financial and reporting roles and duties.
- Evaluate and make decisions on accounting and reporting policies.
- Consider and evaluate financial statements and reporting for approval.
- Establish and refine the framework of corporate governance and sustainable business (and their reporting).
- Evaluate corporate financing instruments (including derivatives) and their economic consequences.
- Evaluate financial strategies (capital budgeting, capital structure, dividends policy, etc) for approval and monitoring.
- Communicate effectively with financial managers and auditors.
Dr Khong Kok Wei (PhD in Process Reengineering and Customer Service Management, Multimedia University)
Khong is a Professor of Marketing Analytics and currently the Director of MBA Programmes in Nottingham University Business School Malaysia. He has a wide range of experience in teaching (both undergraduate and postgraduate levels), research, training and consulting both locally and internationally.
show/hide full profile...
He has published many papers in services marketing, social media studies, behavioral science studies and process reengineering. He has also conducted many professional trainings, seminars and workshops for corporate and academic institutions like Hyatt Hotel, AMWAY Malaysia, British Malaysia Chamber of Commerce, King's Confectionery, National University of Singapore extension programs, Department of Statistics Malaysia, UPM GSM, KUITHO, UPSI, UMS, SAS Institute in Malaysia, SPSS Malaysia, etc.
He was appointed as a consultant in recent projects with GfK Retail and Technology Malaysia, AMWAY and CBSA Online. At present, he is the Vice-President of the SAS User Group Malaysia (SUGMa).
Methods of training and assessment
- Powerpoint presentations
- Classroom discussion
- Hands-on data mining tools
- Flipchart presentations for brainstorming
- Presentation from participants
- Financial Reporting Decisions
- Reporting framework and accounting standards
- IFRS updates and current development
- Accounting policies decisions
- Preparation of financial statements
- Management commentary
- Economic consequences
- Corporate Governance and Sustainability of Business
- Risk management
- Corporate governance framework and disclosures
- Corporate scandals, financial shenanigans and earning management
- Corporate control and budgeting system
- Key performance indicators and corporate control
- Sustainable business and reporting
- Corporate Financing Strategies and Decisions
- Equity financing
- Debt financing
- Derivatives and risk management
- Corporate exercises and strategies
- Economic consequences
- Strategic Financial Policies and Management
- Business and financial strategies
- Operating policies and working capital management
- Capital budgeting and investment appraisals
- Capital structures and growth
- Dividends policy and the expected return of shareholders
Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) is one of the world’s leading providers of business, finance and management education. We provide outstanding teaching programmes and support that enable our students at our schools in the UK, China and Malaysia to excel in a global environment.
We are a large and culturally diverse school, with 40 full-time academic staff, from countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea, Australia, India and the UK and over 1,000 foundation, undergraduate, and postgraduate students.