Welcome to the Security web pages
The University Security service provides a seventy strong 24 hour uniformed presence on all campuses and is managed by Gary Stevens
The service is supported by a Security Administration Office and a main Control Room in the Trent Building on University Park, a Security office in the Main Building Reception at Sutton Bonington as well as Security in the Gatehouses at King's Meadow Campus and Jubilee Campus.
The main Security Administration Office is at the rear of the Hallward Library, near the Law & Social Sciences Building.
Security's main purposes are to provide...
- Best practice advice on crime prevention and detection including administration of the CCTV systems.
- Provision of a crime/incident reporting system.
- Responding to calls for service, provision of routine patrols, checking, locking and unlocking buildings.
- Out of hours responsibility for emergency contractor call out.
- Investigation of complaints in relation to staff, visitor and student behaviour and disciplinary proceedings.
- Administration and enforcement of the traffic management policies, including the issue of car parking permits.
- Management of keys, including the ordering, cutting and supplying, for the whole of the University.
- Recording, safekeeping and disposal of all found property.
- Provision of University Card support, including enquiry desk and helpline.
- Overseeing the production of new and replacement University Cards, access rights and door schedules.
- Sound level monitoring of events and parties.
Phone: 0115 9513599 (ext 13599 internally) for Security Reception
Phone: 0115 9513013 (ext 13013 internally) for 24 Hour Security Control
Phone: 0115 9518888 (ext 18888 internally) for Emergencies ONLY
Security Control and Emergencies in operation 24 hours, 7 days a Week
Hours of operation: 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (for Security Reception at the Hallward Library)