16-17 April 2015
7pm Reception (15 April 2015)
1.40pm End (17 April 2015)
University Park, University of Nottingham
How to get here
Any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Over 120 industry and academic delegates joined internationally renowned experts from the UK, Europe, the USA and China, at the University of Nottingham’s inaugural Trends in Food Flavour Conference.
The two day event fostered links between industry and academia by debating current drivers and trends in the industry, highlighting new research and technological developments, and debating sustainable developments in flavour. A full list of speakers is available below.
- Flavour & the World Market
- Flavour & Product Application
- Flavour & Healthy Eating
- Flavour & Research
- Flavour & Technology Developments
Each session consisted of 4-5 talks of 15 minutes followed by a 20 minute group Q & A session.
For a more detailed timetable, please download it here [PDF ].
- Stephen Parry (Non-Exec Director, Chair Food sector KTN, Food & Drink advisor University of Nottingham)
- Prof. Tim Foster (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Prof. Andy Taylor (Mars Petcare, UK)
- Joy Hardinge (AJH Consulting UK)
- Dr. Ann-Marie Williamson (Unilever, UK)
- Prof. Jianshe Chen (Zhejiang Gongshang University, China)
- Prof. Chahan Yeretzian (Zurich University of Applied Science Switzerland)
- Alice Fouquere (Sensient, UK)
- Dr. Christine Mayr (Cara Technology, UK)
- Dr. Daniel Festring (Nestle PTC, UK)
- Dr. Christos Soukoulis (Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology, Luxembourg)
- Curtis Eaton (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Dr. Moira Taylor (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Dr. Lisa Methven (University of Reading, UK)
- Dr. Taichi Inui (Wrigley, USA)
- Prof. Devin Peterson (University of Minnesota, USA)
- Dr. Rebecca Clark (University of Nottingham and Cara Technology, UK)
- Dr. Gilles Feron (INRA, France)
- Dr. Ni Yang (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Dr. Hansruedi Gygax (Gygarome Consulting, Switzerland)
- Dr. Rob Linforth (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Dr. Jane Parker (University of Reading, UK)
- Dr. Jonathan Beauchamp (Fraunhofer Institute, Germany)
Speakers' profiles are available here. [PDF
Dr. Ian Fisk: Associate Professor, Division of Food Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK.
Dr. Ni Yang: Laboratory Manager, Division of Food Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK.
Prof. Jianshe Chen: Professor, Food Science & Bioengineering, Zhejiang Gongshang University, China.
Mrs Jenny Drury: Administration Assistance, Division of Food Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK.
Dr. Lisa Methven: Lecturer, Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Reading, UK.
Extended Training Opportunity
Many delegates also joined our intensive three day Food Flavour training course ahead of the full conference.
This annual course is ideal for product developers and new or experienced scientists wanting to understand the science and application of flavour technology and learn how flavours can be generated, analysed, delivered and commercially exploited.
The course will run again in Spring 2016, and part funding for the course is available to most UK industry delegates.
Click here for full details