Offer-holder days for Physics Offer Holders
All applicants whose UCAS application meets our requirements will be invited to attend one of our Physics offer-holder days. During the day you will have the opportunity to meet with a member of academic staff to discuss your application. Your entry requirements offer will be confirmed at that meeting. The meeting will also play an important role in the event of a “near miss” situation, i.e. if you do not quite attain the grade requirements of your offer.
Our offer-holder days are held on Wednesdays in November, December, February, and March.
Mathematical Physics offer holders should click here.
How to book?
These events are for undergraduate offer-holders only. Offer-holders will receive an invitation by email to book on to the events.
Booking is essential
What happens on the visit day?
A typical visit includes the following...
- Physics and Astronomy at Nottingham – A short welcome by the Head of School, Prof. Michael Merrifield, followed by a presentation on our physics degree courses by the Undergraduate Admissions Tutor, Prof. Philip Moriarty
- Lunch – A buffet lunch is available (with staff and current Physics and Astronomy students) to answer any questions you may have about the courses or student life at the University of Nottingham.
- Student Presentations – A series of short (5 min) presentations from undergraduate and postgraduate students on a range of topics including personal perspectives on placements and internships they’ve undertaken; research projects; PhD opportunities; and PhysSoc and the Physics and Astronomy student experience.
- A 15 minute meeting with a member of staff to discuss your application.
- Tours of the School of Physics and Astronomy