The partnership held its first meeting in January 2016. Surveys will be used to help identify questions that patients, carers or clinicians may have on the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cellulitis. A summary of the whole process is shown below. It will take about one year to complete.
The partner organisations involved in promoting the Cellulitis PSP are as follows:
• UK Dermatology Clinical Trials Network (UKDCTN)
• British Association of Dermatologists (BAD)
• Primary Care Dermatology Society
• British Society for Medical Dermatology
• Lymphoedema Support Network (LSN)
• British Lymphology Society
• Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) UK
• Children’s Lymphoedema Special Interest Group
• Leg Ulcer Forum
• Royal College of General Practitioners
• General Practice Research on Infections Network
• Society for Academic Primary Care
• Royal College of Emergency Medicine
• British Infections Association
• Leg Clubs
A second survey is currently underway which asks you to decide which questions about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cellulitis are most important. These were those most frequently asked questions about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cellulitis from the initial survey.
We will ask you to read the list of questions and vote for which you think are the most important to you.