Nottingham is one of the leading departments of its kind in the UK and enjoys an international reputation for excellence in research and teaching.
We offer a range of stimulating courses reflecting academic expertise in areas including philosophy of religion and ethics, Christian theology and culture, biblical studies, religious history, Islam and Judaism.
Simon Oliver, Head of Department
- Neil Sinclair; Sue Townsend and Peter Watts win Lord Dearing Awards for excellence in teaching.
- The Firth Lectures delivered this year by Professor Charles Taylor on "Philosophical and Theological Anthropology in the 21st Century" are now available to view on YouTube.
More news | Archive
- The Centre's collaborative research focus on a series of workshops bringing together biblical and historical perspectives with contemporary and theological points of view on a specific topic. The first of these workshops will be focused on the fate of the body after death, to be held on Saturday 25 October 2014.
- 06 - 07/12/2014
- University of Nottingham (NG7 2RD)
- The 8th annual conference of Disease, Disability and Medicine in Medieval Europe, co-hosted by the Institute for Medieval Research, University of Nottingham, and the Homo Debilis Creative Unit, University of Bremen. Call for papers deadline 15 August 2014.
- 14 - 17/05/2015
- University of Nottingham
- The Centre for Bible, Ethics and Theology will be hosting the 5th international symposium of the Corpus Judaeo-Hellenisticum Novi Testamenti in May 2014.
More events | Seminars