Give back to get back
Can you give your time to help inspire, share your knowledge and stories with our students and staff or mentor our budding entrepreneurs? We have a range of opportunities whether you have 30 minutes or want a more long term commitment and depending on the role can either be done in person or virtually from home or at work wherever you are in the world. There is something to suit everyone and your support will make a huge difference.
Giving time back is a fantastic way to expand your global network with alumni, staff, students and other business contacts.
Volunteering provides opportunities for learning new skills and increasing your own knowledge thereby enhancing your CV and boosting your personal and professional development.
Most volunteers also get a huge buzz out of sharing their knowledge and experiences with others and the satisfaction of knowing that they may have inspired someone along the way.
Types of activities available
There is something to suit everyone and your support will make a huge difference. Here is a selection of the diverse range of activities and opportunities on offer at Nottingham University Business School:
Current opportunities (University alumni site)
- Talking to applicants about your time as a student.
- Advising on the curriculum for your subject or profession.
- Taking an active role in the alumni community in your region.
- Providing work placements, shadowing or internships for current students.
- Providing careers advice to current students through talks.
- Providing careers advice to current students through mentoring.
- Providing a venue for alumni or student events.
- Board/committee membership.
- Providing professional development content and resources for your profession.
- Giving occasional lectures/seminars.
- Advising students about setting up their own businesses.
Register your interest
Register your interest and we will contact you when a relevant opportunity becomes available.
This simple form takes just a few minutes to complete.
Register here (university alumni site)
Other ways to get involved