Volunteer with us
Here you can find our volunteering opportunities, where we're working hard to ensure our roles can be carried out virtually in current circumstances. As well as listing the roles here, you can keep updated through our alumni LinkedIn group too.
If you haven't already done so you can also register your interest to volunteer and we'll send you a bi-annual newsletter which includes upcoming volunteering opportunities.
Our current opportunities are listed below, along with the relevant information needed for you to apply or contact one of the team. Happy volunteering!
Current opportunities - updated May 2022
Featured opportunity: Giving Day Ambassador
We're excited to tell you about a brand new volunteer role we're recruiting for the university's first Giving Day this June!
On June 14 2022 the University of Nottingham will be running our first Giving Day. This is a way to celebrate the generosity of alumni and encourage more to join our growing community of donors. Activity will be online with a totaliser, video stream and social media feed accessible to alumni around the world. We’ll be recording and sharing activity around campus to bring Nottingham to life on peoples’ screens and sending out targeted e-mails to alumni during the day to invite them to donate.
We want our Giving Day to belong to alumni and students. Your voice, your experience, your energy, your sense of purpose and your sense of fun are what makes this community special. To convey this and remind our family of over 300,000 around the world how important they are we need alumni-generated content and a willingness to share our Giving Day messaging as widely as possible via social media and email.
What would you need to do:
- Help us shape communications
- Share with your network as enthusiastically as you can
- Think if there is anything you can do on the day- photos, memories, quotes, a video, a selfie?
- Share our messaging on your networks
Can you help us reach our Ambition on June 14? Fill in our form to apply to join us as a Giving Day Ambassador.
University of Nottingham Business School
- Africa Connect: Alumni Insight: We are looking for graduates who have experience of finding jobs in the continent of Africa, if that sounds like you, can you spare one and a half hours in the new year to help our current students and 2021 graduates by talking about your career to date, answering questions, and providing valuable insights into the world of work?
- Become an Entrepreneur in Residence: We are looking to expand our network of Entrepreneurs in Residence to support the work of our Ingenuity Lab. EIRs engage in activities including mentoring Ingenuity Lab businesses and SMEs, delivering business training seminars and aiding academics in their research.
- 35 years of the MBA – profiles needed: Are you an MBA graduate? To celebrate 35 years of the MBA we are looking to showcase a range of MBA profiles from across the years. These profiles will feature on a number of our platforms including our website, social media and in our Connect: Business alumni newsletter. This is a fantastic opportunity to share your experience and to be part of this year’s celebrations!
If you’re interested in any of these activities, then please email our Volunteering and Advocacy Manager for Nottingham University Business School, Emma Winter on email@example.com for more information.
Faculty of Science and Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- 'Spotlight On' sessions for current students:
Careers in Sport / Lesser Known Clinical Roles / Psychology in the Workplace / Animal Sciences
Are you a graduate who can share their experience and expertise in any of these areas? If you are interested in speaking to students on one of the above panels we'd love to hear from you!
- Share your experiences at upcoming career events: We are looking for a wide range of alumni to share their experiences and inspire current students through our careers sessions, helping students navigate their careers after graduation. These sessions require alumni volunteers to give a five-minute presentation about their journey after graduation, followed by a Q&A session.
If you’re interested in getting involved with any these activities, please email our Volunteering and Advocacy Manager for the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Laura Repton.
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Register a student work placement or internship enquiry: If you or your organisation are interested in providing a work placement or shadowing opportunity for current Nottingham students in our Faculty of Social Sciences (virtual, in-person or hybrid) please complete this short form.
As one the UK's most targeted universities by graduate employers, our students are renowned for their creativity, tenacity and can-do attitude. We are connecting with a variety of employers and organisations to provide our students with a range of work experience, all of which can bring benefits to your business.
This scheme is aimed at students studying in our Business School, as well as those undertaking courses in Economics, Law, Geography, Sociology and more.
Alternatively, if you would like an informal chat before completing the form please contact our Volunteering and Advocacy Manager for the Faculty of Social Sciences, Wayne Crawford.
Support our 2021/22 Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) events
As part of the university's work to improve equality, diversity and inclusion for our community, we regularly run events and activities which draw on the experiences of people who hold particular protected characteristics, for example, these may be aligned with work around gender equality, race equality and LGBTQ+ inclusion.
We are often looking for people who are willing to share their own lived experiences to support and inspire others over the next academic year. If you are interested in getting involved in EDI activities aimed at students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat.
Alumni profiles - international postgraduate
Testimonials from Faculty of Sciences alumni: Help us promote our Faculty of Sciences postgraduate degrees to prospective students!
We are looking for alumni from China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Nigeria and Ghana to talk to us about their decision to study at Nottingham, their experience while at university and career journey since.
We’ll use your responses in our international student recruitment marketing to help those considering studying the same course as you gain a better understanding of what to expect, and we can’t think of a better way than hearing directly from our alumni.
For any questions you can email our International Volunteering and Advocacy Manager Kyriaki Protopapa, or fill in our form to register your interest.