French and Francophone Studies
Time to Reflect, Nick Afflatt, Lac d'Annecy, France
Study with us
- you can study French from beginners’ level, or with an A-level
we provide intensive tuition to enable Beginners students to make rapid progress
we offer a wide range of modules on French and Francophone literature, history and contemporary politics, linguistics, cinema and visual culture
Find out more about undergraduate study
we can supervise your research on French and Francophone literature, French history and contemporary politics, linguistics, cinema, poetry and visual culture, critical theory, travel literature and contemporary and popular music.
we have a supportive and welcoming community of research postgraduates in Modern Languages
- we offer a range of taught MA courses
Find out more about postgraduate study
- we have a particular focus on French thought from the eighteenth century to the present day which we employ to examine a range of types of cultural production.
- we have colleagues who specialise in translation studies, linguistics, politics and contemporary history.
- we are home to Nottingham French Studies
Discover our research
See more about members of staff in French and Francophone Studies, their research interests and areas of supervision.
Find our academic staff