The University of Nottingham works in partnership with Nottingham Trent University to provide university students the opportunity to work with young people in local schools, through the Students in Classrooms scheme.
- 10 week placements in a local primary or secondary school
- 5-7 hours per week
- Flexible around your studies
- Paid opportunity
- Make a difference to the futures of young people in Nottinghamshire
There are two roles that University of Nottingham students can apply for within this scheme:
- Placements in secondary schools
- Support pupils with their attainment and engagement with learning.
- Work with pupils on a programme centred around literacy to develop their reading and writing skills.
- Placements in local Primary schools
- Inspire and motivate pupils to learn and realise their potential.
- You will work in a school alongside a specific class and teacher, supporting attainment raising by assisting with small group learning
- Providing 1:1 support to targeted pupils who are falling behind in their expected level for literacy for their age.
For further information including the job profile please see here.
How to apply
Applications have closed for the 2023/24 academic year, please register your interest here for 2024/25 academic year