Free access to UoN-guest Wi-Fi for visitors.
Who can use UoN-guest Wi-Fi?
Members of the public visiting campus
Short term visitors
Contractors and commercial partners
How to connect
Before you arrive
If you know you will be visiting The University of Nottingham, you can register for an account to access the guest wi-fi before you arrive. This will enable you to be up and running straight away:
- Visit the PASS (Pre-Arrival Self Sign up) website and follow the instructions to register for an account.
- You will be sent an email asking you to confirm your request and another with your username and password information. You have ten minutes to read the emails and validate your email address. If you do not validate your account, it will be deleted and you will need to re-register.
- Once validated, your account is valid for the next seven days.
- Once you arrive on campus, connect to UoN-guest and click Log in, using the username and password sent to you by email.
Once you are here
- Make sure the wireless network adapter is activated on your device.
- If you are in range, your device should automatically connect to the UoN-guest network. If not, find ‘UoN-guest’ in the list of wireless connections available and select this network. If it is not listed - please move the device until you are in range.
- Open your web browser, then browse to any website such as www.bbc.co.uk.
- The UoN-guest wireless login page will appear.
- If you have already created an account, click the link to log in, otherwise follow the on-screen instructions to register for an account.
- You will be sent a confirmation email to the email address you registered with. You have ten minutes to read and confirm your access. If you do not validate your account, then it will be deleted and your device will be disconnected.
- Once you have confirmed your account, disconnect and reconnect, logging in with your account details. You can log in and use the service for seven days before you will need to re-register.
UoN-guest is an open network and does not provide encryption for traffic transmitted or received by connected devices
Security for connections made using the UoN-guest network remains the responsibility of the user and the service is used at your own risk. Please do not enter passwords online when using this network
If you do not validate your account within the 10 minutes grace period you will be disconnected and need to re-register.