Student IT Support Tutors
Would you like to work on the 2021 IT Support Tutor programme?
If you are a postgraduate or undergraduate student with strong interpersonal skills who would like to help other students with their IT requirements, then a job on the IT Support Tutor programme (formally SITS) at this year’s start of session could be just the opportunity for you!
Here's what's on offer
The University's IT department – Digital and Technology Services, are recruiting a number of IT Support Tutors in preparation for September 2021 start of session.
Please be aware that at present, the format of the first 21-2022 academic term is unknown. The number of tutors required, locations and nature of the work may change.
- Unfortunately any new IT Support Tutors hired may not be required during start of session
- Number of shifts, locations and nature of work is currently unknown. Rate of pay is £10.38 per hour
- Joining the programme is a great way to gain employed experience and could be a real asset to your CV
Here’s what you’ll do
Following comprehensive training, you’ll become an IT Support Tutor ready to offer support to other students on a range of IT services, including, email, Microsoft 365, connecting to the Wi-Fi and printing documents.
Here’s what you need
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Excellent customer service skills and experience of team working
- Knowledge of using Windows 10 and macOS (desirable)
- Knowledge of using latest smart phones and apps
- IT literate and familiar with a wide range of IT services offered by the University, including Microsoft Teams
- Excellent timekeeping and ability to work within frameworks and procedures
- Registered as a student at the University of Nottingham for the duration of the programme
Here's how to apply
Please complete your application online:
Apply to become an IT Support Tutor for September 2021
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 6 June 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to a group Microsoft Teams interview in June.
Posted on Wednesday 28th April 2021