Associate Professor in Engineering Design For Manufacturing, Faculty of Engineering
Dr. Xin Dong is part of the Advanced Manufacturing Research Group.
- Soft/continuum Robotic systems for in-situ repair and maintenance of large structures (e.g. aerospace, nuclear and marines).
- Modeling of robotic systems (e.g. kinematics, dynamics and stiffness);
- Development of stiffness-adjustable system for in-situ repair and maintenance;
- Parallel kinematics system for machining and repairing operations;
- Miniaturized walking robots
- Axinte D, Dong X, Palmer D, Rushworth A, Olarra A, Arizaga I, Gomez-Acedo E, Txoperena K, Pfeiffer K, Messmer F. MiRoR-Miniaturised Robotic systems for holistic in-situ Repair and maintenance works in restrained and hazardous environments. IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics. 2018 Jan 31.
- X. Dong, D. Axinte, D. Palmer, S. Cobos, M. Raffles, A. Rabani, J. Kell, 2017. Development of a slender continuum robotic system for on-wing inspection/repair of gas turbine engines. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 44, pp.218-229.;
- X. Dong, M. Raffles, S. C. Guzman, D. Axinte, and J. Kell. "A Novel Continuum Robot Using Twin-Pivot Compliant Joints: Design, Modeling, and Validation." Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics 8, no. 2 (2016): 021010;
- X. Dong, M. Raffles, S. C. Guzman, D. Axinte, and J. Kell, "Design and analysis of a family of snake arm robots connected by compliant joints," Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 77, pp. 73-91, 2014;
- X. Dong, J. Yu, B. Chen, and G. Zong, "Geometric approach for kinematic analysis of a class of 2-DOF rotational parallel manipulators," Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 25, pp. 241-247, 2012;
- J. Yu, X. Dong, X. Pei, and X. Kong, "Mobility and singularity analysis of a class of two degrees of freedom rotational parallel mechanisms using a visual graphic approach," Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, vol. 4, p. 041006, 2012;
- J. Yu, X. Dong, X. Pei, G. Zong, X. Kong, and Q. Qiu, "Mobility and singularity analysis of a class of 2-DOF rotational parallel mechanisms using a visual graphic approach," in ASME 2011 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, 2011, pp. 1027-1036.