Welcome to the School of English
Our students benefit from a large and diverse range of optional modules, from areas including:
- English Language and Applied Linguistics
- Drama and Performance
- Creative Writing
- Literature, 1500 to the Present
- Medieval Language and Literature
You can also get creative with our Write, create, perform opportunities, from acting at the Nottingham New Theatre, to writing for one of the student magazines.
A series of guest talks, readings and conversations with established and emerging writers.
Find out about life in the School of English.
- Wobble Week is a series of wonderful activities you can get involved in to connect with others.Wobble Week 27 October - 1 November Unwind, Share, Belong
- New and easy to use immersive captioning technology is to be made freely available to UK theatre companies to boost their provision for deaf audiences.
- 'The Religious Life of Viking Armies' with Professor Leslie Abrams