English: learning, teaching, research
Information For New Students - WELCOME WEEK
We have a first-rate, international reputation for outstanding teaching and research, as demonstrated by our School's current rankings:
We offer a unique combination of English disciplines, including literature from the Anglo-Saxon and medieval periods to the present day, English language from its origins to contemporary and applied contexts, drama and performance, and creative writing.
Professor Svenja Adolphs
Head of School
- Find available subsidiary modules here.
- The call is now live for ESRC-funded postgraduate scholarship applications in the Social Sciences
- Deadline 19th November 2018.
- A new virtual museum which tells a regional story about the Vikings in the East Midlands.
> See all news
- Join us for a screening of a documentary about the Black Panthers and question and answer session - part of Black History Month.
- Open day for those interested in applying for ESRC-funded postgraduate study in the Social Sciences.
- 08 - 09/11/2018
- Recent elections and referenda have thrown up some unexpected results - outside candidates have emerged rapidly to take power, and established politicians have suffered an unexpected decline or increase in support. Traditional institutions such as political parties and trade unions have experienced a revival in membership. Received wisdom on public opinion and political behaviour has been disrupted, not least assumptions about the political engagement of millenials. This conference will explore mediated communication of politics in the context of such instability and insurgency.
> See all events
Back to top