Student Post Room
The Mailroom services team are proud to be supporting your residential experience by providing a professional, efficient and reliable mail and package delivery service where you can have all your deliveries securely delivered to the student post room where we will process your deliveries and contact you to come and collect your items.
Contact us at email@example.com
Student post room Easter 2023 opening times
31 March - 1 May 11am - 4pm
Back to normal hours 11am - 6pm from 2 May 2023
Student Post Room
0115 748 7622
Monday to Friday
New service - you can now send letters, parcels or large packages from the mailroom. Simply purchase the service via the online tool, take your package to either the mailroom at KMC or the student mail room at Derby Hall along with the code generated during purchase and leave the rest to them.
The Student Post Room based at Derby Hall is where all student parcels will be delivered.
The parcels are sorted and then given a location reference number – this reference number is emailed to your student university email when your parcel is ready for collection. Students can come to the Student Post Room counter to collect their parcels using their ID cards or their student number.
Frequently asked questions
Sending letter, parcels and packages
The E&F post room now offer a new facility whereby both staff and students can send letters, parcels and packages via the post room.
Simply purchase the required service via the online tool, take your package to either the mail room at KMC or the student post room at Derby Hall along with the code generated during purchase and leave the rest to them.
This is particularly useful for students wanting to send items or large packages home at the end of term or to staff that haven’t the time to make it to the post office.
Where does my mail go?
Anything larger than a letter will go to the Student Post Room. You will receive an email notification to your student email account with a reference number when your item is ready to collect.
Letters go to the pigeonholes in your hall’s JCR – if the contents are believed to be valuable they may be kept at your Welcome Point.
What you need to collect your item?
Please bring your student ID and the reference number from your email notification.
How to address items
It is important to use your full name, which is associated with your university email address – please avoid using nicknames.
Address your item to the hall of residence that you live in. Do not use Derby Hall or the Post Room as this will delay the notification of your item.
Student hall addresses
- Ancaster Hall, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RE
- Beeston Hall, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2QS
- Cavendish Hall, Beeston Lane, Nottingham NG7 2QL
- Cripps Hall, University Park, Lenton Hall Dr, Nottingham NG7 2QW
- Derby Hall, Beeston Lane, Nottingham NG7 2QT
- Florence Boot Hall, University Park, Jubilee Avebue, Nottingham NG7 2QY
- Hugh Stewart Hall, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2QX
- Lenton Hall, University Park, Derby Road, Nottingham NG7 2RB
- Lincoln Hall, University Park, Beeston Lane, Nottingham NG7 2QU
- Nightingale Hall, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2QS
- Rutland Hall, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2QZ
- Sherwood Hall, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RA
- Willoughby Hall, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2QR
Where can I post letters?
- Highfields post box on Beeston Lane and Jubilee Avenue roundabout by the west entrance.
- Portland post box – B floor, south entrance opposite Porter’s office.
- Cripps Hall post box – located at Welcome Point reception.
- Cavendish Hall post box – located in main foyer below the post.
- Derby Hall post box – to the left of the main entrance to the main hall/Ark Bar.
- Lenton Hall post box – to the left of the old reception desk.
- Nightingale Hall post box – on the right in the main corridor after the double doors.
- Willoughby post box – to the right of the old reception.
- Exchange Building – located near the cash machine at the front of the Exchange Building.
- Newark Hall – located inside the main foyer near to reception.
- Campus Agricultural College post box – located on College Road, opposite the entrance to the sports centre.
Where can I buy stamps/where is the nearest post office facility?
Stamps can be purchased from the Spar inside the Portland Building. If you need to post a parcel you may need to go to a Post Office.
Dunkirk Post Office
8 Montpelier Road, Dunkirk, Nottingham NG7 2JW
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday, 6am-2pm
High Road Post Office
113A High Road, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 2LH
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5.30pm
Central Avenue Post Office
99 Central Avenue, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 2QS
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 6am-5.30pm
Sunday, 7am to 12 noon
How long will items be kept at the Student Post Room?
Items will be kept for seven days then returned to sender. If you are unable to collect your item within this period, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your item placed on a short-term hold.
Where are the Amazon lockers?
Amazon Hub Locker: Kidding – Hugh Stewart Hall, Nottingham, NG7 2QX
Located in the small car park to the rear of the halls.
Amazon Hub Locker: Emmit – Derby Hall, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2QT
Located round the corner from the Student Post Room.
Amazon Hub Locker: Ting – Nightingale Hall, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2QS
Located at the rear of the building opposite the tennis courts.