Important information on office opening
The Security Administration Office is open Monday to Friday from 8am-4pm.
The Security Control Room in the Trent Building will remain open 24/7, and can be contacted by telephone on
0115 951 3013 or 0115 951 8888 (for emergencies ONLY).
The university's Security service provides a 24-hour uniformed presence on all campuses.
The service is supported by a Security Administration Office and a main Control Room in the Trent Building on University Park, a Security office in the Main Building Reception at Sutton Bonington as well as Security in the Gatehouses at King's Meadow Campus and Jubilee Campus.
The main Security Administration Office is at the rear of the Hallward Library, near the Law & Social Sciences Building.
Security's main purposes is to provide...
- Best practice advice on crime prevention and detection including administration of the CCTV systems.
- Provision of a crime/incident reporting system.
- Responding to calls for service, provision of routine patrols, checking, locking and unlocking buildings.
- Out of hours responsibility for emergency contractor call out.
- Investigation of complaints in relation to staff, visitor and student behaviour and disciplinary proceedings.
- Administration and enforcement of the traffic management policies, including the issue of car parking permits.
- Management of keys, including the ordering, cutting and supplying, for the whole of the university.
- Recording, safekeeping and disposal of all found property.
- Provision of University Card support, including enquiry desk and helpline.
- Overseeing the production of new and replacement University Cards, access rights and door schedules.
- Sound level monitoring of events and parties.
Phone: 0115 951 3557 (extension 13557) for Security Reception
Phone: 0115 951 3013 (ext 13013 internally) for 24 Hour Security Control
Phone: 0115 951 8888 (ext 18888 internally) for Emergencies ONLY
Security Control and Emergencies in operation 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Hours of operation: 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday (Security Reception can be found at the rear of Hallward Library)