The University of Nottingham is a registered Disability Confident committed (Level 1) employer. Increasing employee diversity is important to us and we are committed to the aims of Disability Confident. In particular, we will:
- ensure that our recruitment processes are inclusive and accessible
- communicate our vacancies through a range of different channels
- offer an interview to applicants with a disability who meet the minimum essential requirements of the role (as detailed within the role profile)
- anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as and when required
- provide support to any existing employee who acquires a disability or a long-term health condition
As part of our commitment to Disability Confident, we ask all applicants (within the Equal Opportunities section of the application form) if they wish to be considered under this scheme should they meet the essential criteria for the role. By opting-in to this scheme, applicants will be disclosing that they have a disability solely for the purpose of the interview guarantee. We will not assume nor infer that an applicant wishes to disclose or record their disability in any other way.