Postgraduate taught students are responsible for arranging their own funding to cover fees and living expenses. It is best to apply early for your course, giving yourself the maximum amount of time to look for available funding.
The University's postgraduate funding webpage provides information on current scholarships available from the University, as well as other sources of funding.
Government loans for masters courses
The Government offers postgraduate student loans of up to £10,609 for students studying a taught or research masters course.
For further details and eligibility criteria please visit the University's financial support webpages.
Alumni Scholarships for Law Taught Masters Programmes
Number available: Up to six
Value of award: Reduction of 20% of the fee at HEU or International level
These awards will be offered on a competitive basis, with applications being ranked by a school panel, whose judgement is final.
To be considered for these awards you must fulfill three conditions:
- Be an undergraduate, postgraduate or graduate of the University of Nottingham
- Be in receipt of an offer of a place on one of the LLM or MA programmes of the School of Law by the deadline for applications for a scholarship
- Submit a statement of motivation of no more than 750 words by the deadline. It should set out your reasons for taking a masters programme in the School of Law and your ambitions for future study and/or professional development in your chosen field.
The deadline for scholarship applications is 5pm on Friday 14 June 2019.
Please email your application to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- The masters programme you hold an offer for
- Your applicant ID number
- Your motivational statement
Please title your email 'Law Masters Scholarship Application'.
For a postgraduate prospectus and applications for a place on the school’s masters programmes please visit the University's online application system.
For further information, please contact Professor Jeff Kenner.
European Masters Scholarship
In 2019, we are offering 10 scholarships of £2,000 each towards tuition fees for high-achieving masters students from the EU.
You can apply for this scholarship if you:
- are classed as a European Union (non-UK) student for fee purposes AND
- already hold an offer to start a full-time masters degree programme (excluding MRes) at Nottingham in September 2019, in any subject area
- achieve the equivalent of a UK Upper Second Class (2:1) classification or higher
Closing date: Friday 17 May 2019
Find out more and apply