Research intelligence is a term to capture how scholarly literature, patents, global policy documents, citation data and alternative metrics can be analysed and applied in ways to build peer reputation and raise awareness of research.
- Discovering suitable collaborators and benchmarking against other research groups
- Using impact data to strengthen funding bids
- Developing publication strategies
- Enhancing external and internal academic profiles to increase visibility of research
- Evidencing research traction and highlighting how research has been applied
When using research metrics it is important that these are used responsibly, UoN UK is a proud signatory of DORA and the UoN UK Principles for Responsible Metric Use recognise and value research quality over publication venue, journal metrics or publisher.
As part of the Research Intelligence service a training programme is available covering how to use the tools, enhance your online profile and use impact data.
UoN UK Principles for Responsible Metric Use