The School of Life Sciences (SoLS) at the University of Nottingham is delighted to invite expressions of interest (EOIs) from exceptional early career researchers and innovators for the 7th round of UKRI Future Leaders Fellowships scheme.
Successful applicants will join a vibrant research community of over 200 hundred postdoctoral researchers and academic members of staff. We welcome applications from across our 3 divisions of research expertise (Cells, Organisms and Molecular Genetics; Infections, Immunity and Microbes; Physiology, Pharmacy and Neuroscience), particularly within the following areas of strategic priority:
- Immunology of Infectious Diseases
- RNA technologies/therapeutics
- Biomaterials based therapeutics for inflammation
- Human metabolism and integrative physiology in healthy ageing
- Engineering Biology
- Spatial organisation of cell signalling
- Human Developmental Anatomy
- Vertebrate genomics
- Microbiology (anti-microbial resistance or microbiome)
This scheme provides up to 7 years of funding for talented emerging research leaders and innovators. Project programmes should be ambitious, in shaping both the field and the career trajectory of the fellow.
Please check your eligibility to apply for this scheme here before proceeding: UKRI Future Leaders Fellowship eligibility
Expressions of interests (EOIs) should be emailed to LS-Fellowships@nottingham.ac.uk no later than 5pm BST on 9 September 2022. Successful internal applicants will receive mentoring and support to develop their applications for the funder deadline of 18 October 2022.
We strongly encourage applicants to contact the School via the email address provided above, as soon as possible, before the deadline of 9 September 2022 to receive guidance on their EOI. EOIs should consist of the following, to be submitted as a single PDF document:
- Completed expression of interest form: download EOI form here
- A CV and list of outputs, using the Future Leaders Fellowship template: download FLF template here
- A Case for Support (no more than 2 pages, A4), which will be evaluated based on:
- Research and innovation excellence
- Applicant and development
- Impact and strategic relevance
- Fit with research and innovation environment
Please direct questions to LS-Fellowships@nottingham.ac.uk
Posted on Wednesday 17th August 2022